Explore all of the training options and tools available to support your efforts in the classroom. Tap into guidance documents on a variety of topics that support a quality fitness education and assessment process as part of a physical education program.
Access to these training's are available to all registered users.
Online Modules Series - CEUs available
Module 1: Getting started with the Presidential Youth Fitness Program
- Provides participants with an overview of the program, to include history, purpose, mission, and partners.
- Learning Objectives: Participants will gain an understanding of the Presidential Youth Fitness Program (PYFP) and health related fitness; how PYFP fits into a quality physical education program; and become familiar with research and links between health related fitness and academic achievement.
Module 2: The Presidential Youth Fitness Program and the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child Approach to Health
- Connects fitness education and assessment (i.e., PYFP) with school health and wellness efforts.
- Learning Objectives: Participants will gain knowledge of the many components of school health/wellness and how fitness education and assessment connects to the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child Approach.
Module 3: Physical Education and Fitness Assessment: A Primer for Administrators and Teachers
- Provides an overview of ESSA, needs assessments and the role of the Presidential Youth Fitness Program (PYFP) in these.
- Learning Objectives: Participants will gain knowledge of the ESSA legislation and how they can begin looking at their school or district needs. Participants will value PYFP and how participation can strengthen their physical education program.
Module 4: Implementing the Presidential Youth Fitness Program: Strategies for Every Physical Educator
- Implementation strategies for the Presidential Youth Fitness Program and best practices for conducting fitness assessments.
- Learning Objectives: Participants will understand key program implementation strategies. They will recognize the importance of data, goal setting and recognition have on student outcomes. Participants will identify protocols and best practices for conducting fitness assessments in the classroom.
Find a Trainer
Download a listing of Certified PYFP Trainers
Empowering Fitness Education Champions is a three module training consisting of the following:
Module 1: Getting Started with the Presidential Youth Fitness Program (approx 2 hours)
- Identify the program's connection to national frameworks and standards
- Relevance of the program and physical activity in general with academic achievement and national standards for physical education
- Explain the Presidential Youth Fitness Program Checklist with consideration for level of schooling
Module 2: Strategies for Successful Implementation of the Presidential Youth Fitness Program (approx 2 hours 15 min)
- Successfully implement all 8 steps of the Presidential Youth Fitness Program Checklist
- Identify strategies to address challenges to program implementation
A cadre of state trainers will be available to provide in-person trainings. Interested in learning more about who to contact in your state? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.