Get on the Fast Track to a "Fit" School
Apply to receive supplemental resources of the Presidential Youth Fitness Program.
What is the Presidential Youth Fitness Program Funding Opportunity?
Through a generous donation of $10 million from the General Mills Foundation (the largest single donation in the foundation’s history), schools have gained access to supplemental resources including:
- FitnessGram® software
- Virtual and in-person trainings
- Supporting texts
- Student recognition items
The National Foundation on Fitness, Sports, and Nutrition provides an annual opportunity for schools and school districts nationwide to receive these supplemental items. See below to learn about the eligibility requirements and funding parameters.
Funding Eligibility Requirements:
- Schools must employ a certified physical educator on a full or part-time basis.
- Let’s Move! Active Schools that have completed the Let’s Move! Active Schools assessment will receive priority consideration ahead of schools that are not enrolled in the program. These schools are also eligible to request resources valued up to $2000. All other eligible schools are eligible for up to $1000 in support.
- K-2 and K-3 only schools are not eligible to apply for the FitnessGram® software.
- The school’s physical education teacher must be willing to work towards following the PYFP Checklist.
- Schools may request up to $1000 in resources.
- Let's Move! Active Schools that have completed the Let’s Move! Active Schools assessment will receive priority consideration ahead of schools that are not enrolled in the program. These schools are also eligible to request resources valued up to $2000.
- Applications will be considered until funds for the 2016 funding round are exhausted.
- Funded schools will be expected to complete a short end of funding survey.
- If there are more than 10 schools in a district interested in funding, please send a message to email@example.com. Districts with less than 10 schools applying will need to have a separate application for each school.
- Schools will not receive a check. The resources provided by the funding opportunity will come directly from the vendor(s) of those resources. Schools may not request resources valued at more than $1000. (Only Let's Move! Active Schools with a completed assessment are eligible for up to $2000 in support.)
- If approved, at least one representative from the school must complete the Essentials of the Presidential Youth Fitness Program on-line or in-person training before resources will be provided. Previous completion of the on-line or in-person training counts as long as proof of completion (course certificate) or participation is provided.